Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Peden Gym?

Got this note today - if you can help Todd out please drop him a line. Mark


Hello,
I found your web page on Peden Barracks and I hope you can help me. If I have my information correct the Gymnasium was named the "Hartman Gymnasium" it would help me to confirm this and to find out if the placard dedicating the building is still there. I am related to the family of MAJ Hartman who died in Vietnam and I have been trying to find the placard for some time. Any assistance that you or people you know would help a great deal.

Respectfully,

MAJ Todd A. Welsh
Executive Officer, 5th Avn Bn. (P)
Ft. Polk, La 71459
Office: (337) 531-6663
Cell : (337) 772-8165
todd.welsh@conus.army.mil

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ft.Polk,La.
Unfortunately I have no info. on
his relative but I'm familar with Ft.Polk.During the beginning of the Vietnam War I was drafted and all set to do my basic training at Ft.Ord and to my astonishment and others we were flown to Alexandria,
La and then bused to Ft.Polk for basic. My goodness.if there was a place to train for Vietnam this was it, swamps,snakes and armadillos.This was my first introduction to segregation.The army wasn't segregated but the society was. There are couple things I like about Louisiana, the LSU Iiger football team,Cajun food and music.At one time stationed at Peden Barracks.